Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Love letter III




Dear child, you had it all right all along. The way the symphony of love danced through your head.
And the way you believed in the Faith...
You just accepted the fact that His blood was shed.
You didn't live off of ignorance. You lived by simplicity.
You were living by what little you knew.
Your little heart was set on fire for Jesus.






Light of the world, I am weak.
Hear my cry, and quench my thirst for love.
Light of the world, renew me by grace.
Light of the world, set my soul ablaze.
Light of the world, teach me simplicity.
Light of the world, set me free.





Innocence and simplicity; transform me.
Purity and righteousness; transform me.
Courage and patience; transform me.
Make me your faithful child.



Ignite my soul with Your infinite love, O Lord.
Ignite my soul with Your infinite mercy, O Lord.
Ignite my soul with Your wisdom, O Lord.



By your flames, sanctify me.
By your flames, cleanse me.
By your flames, enrichen my ability to understand.
By your flames, make me a holy human.


In awe, let us look to you, O Lord.
In awe, let us sing praise!

When He comes, when we are filled with the power..
In awe, let us sing: Glory, glory, glory!
Glory, glory, glory to the King!


Come Holy Spirit,
enrichen me in love.
Come Holy Spirit,
send down your light.
Come Holy Spirit,
make me your Faithful servent.
Come Holy Spirit...
teach me simplicity.
Come Holy Spirit...
Free me from the enemy.

Come Holy Spirit...
Give me all the right words.
Come Holy Spirit...
_____________________

I put a trivia question on Twitter & Facebook.
The question basically was: "Three things inspired me to write this. Fire, love, and a painting from a certain event. The event can be found in the book of Acts. Which event is this?"

Answer: The Descent of the Holy Spirit.



2 comments:

Charmaine said...

But, it's not Pentecost yet. ;)

Seriously, though, that was really beautiful.

Layna said...

Mom, I told you, I don't follow the Church calendar all the time. I just do what feels right. :)

But, thank you. Haha.