Friday, August 6, 2010

Thoughts during adoration.


For a while now, I have been slacking off on my writing. I have also been slacking off on my prayer life. It's not that I'm angry, it's just that I don't know what to say. It's like I can't pray.
I'm not exactly sure why. For a while now, I feel like there's been some sort of wall between me and prayer. I've had to knock down the wall, and force myself to pray, because I know it's the right thing to do.

So, yes...basically I have been struggling with my prayer life. Due to this, sorrow has grown within me. . It's hard to trust God when you are amongst great trials. Lately, I have been constantly having to remind myself that His plan is better than my own. That He loves me, even if I can't feel it. That He's there, even if I can't see Him. The hardships that I've been faced with, isn't what caused my heart to break, It's the fact that I feel like I've abandoned God against my will. I never wanted to drift away from my prayer life. I've been wanting holiness back. But, it's like I'm trying to re-trace my steps to see what exactly went wrong in my spiritual life...and I just can't find an exact reason. I think it's something that happened over time. I don't like it though. I've been wanting my prayer life back. I've been wanting to feel His love

I went to adoration on Wednesday, and asked Mary to give me the graces I need to guide me closer to her Son.

I've been reading a book by St. Alphonsus De Liguori, called "The True Spouse of Jesus Christ".

I brought that book with me to adoration, and I heard in my heart "Page 52". On that page, I read something very profound. This book is mainly about the religious life, but this one part is something we should all strive to live by. It said:



"Let it be your care to unite yourself closely to God; to embrace with peace all
the crosses that He sends you; to love what is most perfect; and when necessary, to do violence to yourself. And that you may be able to accomplish all this, pray continually; pray in your meditations, in your Communions, in your visits to the Blessed Sacrament, and especially when you are tempted by the devil; and you will obtain a place in the number of those fervent souls who are more happy and content than all the princesses and queens and empresses of the earth."


This means exactly what the first line said. "Let it be your care to unite yourself closely to God."
All the trials and hardships that we face, can be conquered if we just pray. If we UNITE ourselves with Christ. So often Satan is trying to weaken our Faith, this is why we must stay close to Christ. We need to anchor our ship between Mary and Christ in the Eucharist.
Uniting ourselves to Christ has to be constant. You can't say: "It's Sunday, so I'll pray, and go to Mass, and obviously I'm uniting myself that way." You choose to be with Christ, or you don't.

Uniting yourself with Christ must be for life. Unite your sufferings with His through prayer. Unite your joys with His, through worship. Unless we pray, and stick close with God, we are bound to suffer to a point that will lead to despair and lonliness.

So, I challenge you to really ask yourself:

"How united to Christ am I?"

Is your prayer life suffering? Pray anyway.
We receive graces if we do what pleases God in the midst of darkness.
No matter how hard it may seem, unite yourselves with Christ through prayer.

------------------------------------------


Bless the Lord, all you works of the Lord;
Praise and exalt him above all forever.
Angels of the Lord, bless the Lord;
You heavens, bless the Lord;
All you waters above the heavens, bless the Lord.
All you hosts of the Lord; bless the Lord.
Sun and moon, bless the Lord;
Stars of heaven, bless the Lord.
Every shower and dew, bless the Lord;
All you winds, bless the Lord.
Fire and heat, bless the Lord;
Cold and chill, bless the Lord.
Dew and rain, bless the Lord;
Frost and cold, bless the Lord.
Ice and snow, bless the Lord;
Nights and days, bless the Lord.
Light and darkness bless the Lord;
Lightning and clouds, bless the Lord.
Let the earth bless the Lord;
Praise and exalt him above all forever.
Mountains and hills, bless the Lord
Everything growing from the earth, bless the Lord.
You springs, bless the Lord;
Seas and rivers, bless the Lord.
You dolphins and all water creatures, bless the Lord;
All you birds of the air, bless the Lord.
All you beasts, wild and tame, bless the Lord;
Praise and exalt him above all forever.
You sons of men, bless the Lord;
O Israel, bless the Lord.
Priests of the Lord, bless the Lord;
Servants of the Lord, bless the Lord.
Spirits and souls of the just, bless the Lord;
Holy men of humble heart, bless the Lord.
Ananias, Azarias, Misael, bless the Lord;
Praise and exalt him above all forever.
Let us bless the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost;
Let us praise and exalt God above all forever.
Blessed are you in the firmament of heaven;
Praiseworthy and glorious forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!