Sunday, April 11, 2010

The importance of Adoration

♥ Jesus told Saint Faustina from the Tabernacle, “Love has brought me here, and love keeps me here” (Diary, 576)." To Saint Margaret Mary He said, “I have a burning thirst to be loved and honored by all in the Blessed Sacrament.” ♥










God's promise to us was this:
“I will be with you until the end of time.” (Mt 28:20) and so He is. He is everywhere, but especially in the Eucharist. Not part of Him, but all of Him. His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. His Heart, His sentiments, His mind, His desires, His love. All of Him. He is present, giving Himself to man for love.


The Eucharist is a wonderful gift of love from Jesus to all of men. It's a reflection of His passion and His suffering. In the book of John, it tells us that Jesus loved us until the end. This means He loved us so much, that He didn't stop. He took on all suffering and died for our sake. THAT is how great His love is.

It's unfortunate that our Lord sits there with open arms, wanting to hear from us... wanting to
be friends with us ..and It's sad when people in my church pass by the library (which is where adoration is currently being held due to remodeling). You don't have a minute to say hello to our Lord? So often, I think we forget He's there because we can't see him.

But, even then..I don't understand. Wouldn't the Eucharist be as visual as it gets?
I think it depends. Some may see a piece of bread. Others, penetrate past the fact, and seek truth.

If you've ever been to adoration, you would know that stuff happens! No, maybe you won't have an amazing conversion, but you will feel at peace. You will learn how to love. You will develop a relationship. You learn to listen. You learn patience.



If only you knew the power of adoration, you would not be looking at the clock every second.
You would not be passing the hallway. And, you would not be wanting to leave. Oh, how it saddens me. If you don't have an hour to spend with Him, do you at least have a minute?








"If souls would put themselves completely in my care, I myself would
undertake the task of sanctifying them, and I would lavish even greater graces
on them. There are souls who thwart My efforts, but I have not given up on them;
as often as they turn to Me, I hurry to their aid, sheilding them with My mercy,
and I give them the first place in My compassionate Heart." --God to Saint
Faustina.





I used to have a lot of struggles, I wasn't proud of myself. I wanted to change, but no matter how much I prayed...nothing would happen. I didn't stop praying though. I desired change more than life itself. I wanted a reason to keep on living, because the way I was living made me feel dead inside. Anyway, I did have a conversion. It was back in September, at the Eucharistic Congress of 09. It wasn't during adoration, but during Mass. Every day since then I have strived to live only for God. I just remember crying and gazing upon the altar and thinking to myself:
"I want to live for You, God, and only You."This desire within me has not changed.



I also used to struggle with anger. I suppose going to adoration has nothing to do with me finally being at peace.

You won't ever be able to convince me that Christ is not present in the EUCHARIST!


It's more than just a piece of bread. It's everything. It's the body, blood, soul and DIVINITY of my Lord and Savior.



On this Divine Mercy Sunday, set aside time for our Lord. Experience His great love and mercy.







No comments: